Monday, June 6, 2016

How to Download/Rip Subtitles from VIU (Indonesia)

It's been a while since I wrote my last post in this blog. Today, I'm gonna write how to rip subtitles from VIU. VIU is a website for those who love to watch dramas, variety shows, movies available in Malaysia, Singapore, India, Indonesia, etc.

For those who love Korean dramas, you can watch it here. They're quite fast in translating. Eight hours after airing in Korea, they would translate, and then, ta-da, we can watch it.

In this case, I'm focusing on VIU Indonesia. For VIU Singapore, it's easy to download the subtitle. Just copy the link of the video and then paste it to downsub.com

Alright, I'm gonna write to the point on how to download/rip the subtitles from VIU.
  1. Go to their website in viu.com then choose the drama.
  2. Let the video play for a while, no need to wait until several minutes. Pause the video. Then, right-clicked on the video, choose Inspect Element (here I'm using Firefox).
  3. Go to Network Tab. Find the file with .vtt format. To make it easy, click Ctrl+F in keyboard, type .vtt. Right-click on that file and choose Open in New Tab. Download box will appear. Save the subtitle file.



  4. Now, we have the subtitle but in .vtt format and a bit disorganized. If you have subtitle software such as Subtitle Editor or Subtitle Workshop, open the subtitle file with that software and then save. Now, the subtitle is not in a mess anymore. Open the subtitle file with Notepad. In Notepad, go to File menu, and choose Save As. In Save As Type, choose All Files. Then, in the File Name, add .srt at the end of the file name (see picture below).
  5.  Click Save. Now, the subtitle can be used. Happy watching ^^
GOOD NEWS! Downsub.com has now supported VIU Indonesia! XD

26 comments:

  1. woaaaaaaah.... it's really great information. thank you so much for creating this guide!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope ^^
      Glad to know that this could help you xD

      Delete
  2. How to Download video from viu???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry, I haven't figured out how to download videos from viu. I usually download videos from other encoder sites such as smallencode, smallpahe, doramax264, doramax265, etc

      Delete
  3. I can't figure out how to convert vtt format into srt :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Open the vtt file in notepad, then click File, choose Save As. In Save As Type, choose All Files. In the File Name, add .srt at then end of the file. Pls see the last screenshot.
      Hope this helps! :)

      Delete
  4. Can you please put the like Of VIU cause i couldn't find it :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's viu.com :)

      By the way, where are you from? VIU can be accessed only in some countries... You can use VPN if your country isn't available

      Delete
  5. Hello Nining,

    I have some problem ,I already have viu premium member but I try to find subtitle file (.vtt) or any format subtitile file (ex. .srt) but I can't see any subtitile file ,I try to use more browser (google chrome/firefox/ie) but the issue still have . Could you please provide any method for rip/download subtile from viu for me. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there,

    Which country of VIU do you use? If you use VIU Singapore, it's easier. Just copy the link of the episode of the drama, then paste it in to downsub.com. You'll able to get the subtitle(s) you want. Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nining,
      First thanks so much for your respond ,I live in Thailand and I got viu link like this https://www.viu.com/ott/th/th/vod/xxxxx/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx I try to use downsub.com services but it's not work.Have another new way ?

      Delete
    2. I'm really sorry. I haven't been able to reach VIU Thailand. I've tried several VPNs but none worked. But I'm still trying. Hope I could find the way.

      Delete
    3. I finally figure it out! The format is .xhr but there are too many xhr files. So, please type "cloudfront" instead of ".srt" or ".vtt" and you'll see hexadecimal file. Before typing it, make sure you've toggled on the subtitle you want.

      For more details, please see the picture in the following link:
      http://imgur.com/eWw3kzO

      Hope this helps!

      Delete
    4. Sorry, I forgot to tell you. After you find the subtitle, copy it to Notepad or subtitle softwares to save it as subtitle file in .srt, or you can follow the instructions above starting from number 4. Good luck!

      Delete
    5. OMG!! It's really work!! Thanks so much ,appreciate for your kindly help.

      Delete
    6. You're welcome. Glad to know that it was helpful to you ^^

      Delete
  7. thank you it really works. but it was not sync. like my video is 720 and the sub is not sync. how can i download a same perfect timing from viu?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, we've gotta sync the subs by ourselves. You can re-sync it using subtitle software like Subtitle Editor or Subtitle Workshop.

      Delete
  8. Hai. Im from malaysia and how to download subtitle in viu?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Nurul.

      Is it the same as VIU Indonesia? You can try to copy and paste the link of the episode you want to download the subtitle to downsub.com

      Delete
  9. Hello Nining,

    Nice to meet you again ,I think at this time viu change something I can't download subtitle from viu anymore since yesterday the parameter some change ? could you please check for me ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think i found it !!!

      Delete
    2. Hello, ZICKER AND NINING
      Could you share the proess to download subtitle from VIU Thailand.
      I try all the step above but I cant download any subtitle. Pls help me.

      Delete
    3. Please ZICKER i want eng sub from movie in Thailand can u help me

      Delete
  10. Hi, I can't find the .vtt file. why ?

    ReplyDelete